10 Top Financial Apps for Entrepreneurs
As a business owner, you have your hand in everything. Even when you’re traveling, out of the office, or at a client meeting, you need to know what’s going on at your company and what your finances look like. Thankfully, there are some great financial apps for entrepreneurs that can increase your productivity and make sure you’re on top of things at all times.
Whether you want to send an invoice, see if a client has paid their bill, view how much money is in your bank account, or document a business purchase, there’s a financial app that can help you no matter where you are!
Below, you’ll find the top financial apps for entrepreneurs that you can use to keep your business running on the go.
Square is a mobile credit card processing application that allows businesses and merchants to process payments when they’re away from their storefront. This is one of the best financial apps for accepting credit card payments at flea markets, festivals, events, or even at your location in lieu of a cash register! This is definitely a must-have app for product-based businesses.
- Secure, fast processing
- Analytics to track sales and customer trends
- Accept signature and tips, show change, email receipts, etc.
- Inventory management
- Loyalty programs
Mint: Money Manager
Mint is an amazing financial app that helps you manage all aspects of your business (or personal!) finances no matter where you are. From bills to budgets to ways to save money, it’s all in one place.
- Keep track of and pay your bills on time (business credit card, vendors, utilities, lease, etc.)
- Get reminders/alerts for due bills, unusual spending, and low funds
- Create budgets based on typical spending patterns and meet savings goals
- Get a weekly summary of money spent, bills due, fees accrued, etc.
- Categorize your spending for easy reporting and accounting purposes
TSheets is a mobile timesheet tracker that allows your employees to safely and accurately track their time spent working. They can clock in and clock out in real time, enter their time manually, or even add custom advanced entries. This app is perfect to help with accurate time tracking, hourly employee billing, and more!
- Clock in and out, comment on activities, and add notes to help with accurate timesheets and billing
- For salaried employees, track time spent on activities for time optimization
- Track employees’ paid time off
- Remind employees to track in and out + get alerts about overtime
- Easily schedule employee shifts and alert them with changes
Mileage Expense Log
How many times have you forgotten to keep track of the travel that you do for business? Or lost the slip of paper you jotted down your miles on? Mileage expense log is an app designed to take care of those problems by helping you track the miles that you drive related to work. You can easily track how far you drove to client meetings, training events, conferences, staff lunches, and more.
- Auto track mileage in the background while you drive
- Sort by date, purpose, or vehicle
- Add expenses like tolls or ferries
- Export your data easily
MYOB Exo OnTheGo
MYOB Exo is a suite of accounting tools that provide the flexibility to build an entire business solution that meets your needs. And their MYOB Exo OnTheGo app is a great way to stay on top of your sales and clients no matter at all times. Specifically designed for sales operations, the app allows you to complete the entire sales process from start-to-finish on your phone or tablet. For tips for best utilizing these tools, check out these MYOB Exo tutorials.
- Access client information the go
- Create customers and contracts and enter orders
- View real time customer details and inventory status
- View outstanding invoices and pro-actively maintain accounts
Turn your phone into a receipt scanner and expense report generator! If you’re at a business lunch, purchasing a piece of equipment, or buying a client gift, you can easily take a picture of the receipt and add it right into your stored database. Then, you can generate reports based on category, project, etc.
- Add receipts by taking pictures or importing files
- Create customizable PDF, CSV, and ZIP reports
- Easily track expenses on the go
The Expensify app offers an all-in-one travel financial solution. From smart receipt scanning to approving reports and automatically tracking the miles that you drive, it makes managing your finances on the go incredibly easy. Plus, it integrates with other financial management products like Xero, NetSuite, and Quickbooks.
- Smart receipt scanning with automatic reimbursement
- Approve reports, fix expense violations, and invite teammates
- Real-time travel notifications
- Automatic mileage tracking
- Global currency and tax support
- Integration with software that you’re already using
The Mobile Inventory app allows you to manage your inventory and your stock no matter where you are. This can be especially helpful if you’re at an event, flea market, or farmer’s market and want to keep your inventory updated! You can add your products manually or import them from a spreadsheet, then adjust your inventory levels on the go.
- Multiple ways of populating your products
- Manage inventories for multiple locations
- Get real time stock counts and filter by custom factors
- Export your inventory
- Premium features like barcode scanner
As business owners, we often have to make purchases for our company – client gifts, office supplies, equipment, and more. The SnipSnap app collects coupons from multiple sources and helps you save money on the purchases that you make!
- Import physical coupons using your phone camera and convert them into a mobile-optimized offer that you can redeem in-store
- Discover coupons that your network has found and used
- Find coupons in their massive coupon database
- Get alerts when you walk into a store of coupons that will apply
Xero Mobile Accounting
The Xero Mobile Accounting app helps you manage your bank accounts and reconcile your transactions while you’re traveling. Record your expenses while you’re out and about, send invoices while you’re still on location, and save contact details at your networking event.
- Match your bank transactions and know where you stand
- Record expenses and save receipts
- Review and approve staff expenses
- Send invoices as soon as the job is done
- Store customer details and look up addresses, phone numbers, and more
- Give employees access so they can add expenses with restricted access
Am I missing any financial apps for entrepreneurs that you love to use? Let me know in the comments below!
Guest Post from Brendan Mills: Brendan Mills is the founder of CFO Dynamics and loves helping businesses maximise their financial performance by optimizing their financial processes. His great passion is to help people understand financial information and use it to their advantage, regardless of how much (or how little) financial experience they have.